This is a beautiful fresh salad you can make in 5 minutes. This is my go-to BBQ salad in summer.
I do make it in the Thermomix but you can also do the same in a food processor. Do ensure you purchase fresh raw beets for this recipe – extra bonus you can keep the greens on top and use in your daily juice –or freeze for your next juice!
- 2 large Raw Beetroot – (400g), cut into quarters
- 1 medium Carrot – (100g)
- ½ small Red Onion (brown also works fine)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 small Apple (quartered)
- ½ cup fetta cheese
- Handful of Mint
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Seasoning to taste – Salt & Pepper
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or Thermomix
- Pulse for 2-3 seconds (TMX speed 5)
- Check the consistency that the pieces are chopped small enough.
- Re-pulse if you need further chopping
- Serve with some extra feta and fresh mint with a squeeze of lemon on top.
Do not over process as this will change your salad into a dip! (Been there, done that)..
This recipe is a derivative of the Thermomix EDC ‘Beetroot Salad’