Looking for a breakfast for you or the kids that is super quick in the morning and full of nutrition? Well I was and found this recipe here: http://wellnourished.com.au/category/healthy-breakfast-recipes/ then slightly modified it to our family.
Every fortnight I make a batch and freeze then each morning, pull one out onto an ovenproof dish with frozen blueberries and into the oven on 150 C for about 10 minutes when getting ready. When warm, pull out and add a drizzle of maple syrup and breakie is done in about 2 minute’s preparation. Makes around 12 muffins.
I love this recipe because it’s: Grain free Gluten free High protein High fibre Wholefood Dairy free
200g Sweet Potato (peel & dice)
1 Apple (any type)
½ cup Nut Butter – peanut, almond etc.
½ cup Tahini
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Mixed Spice
Pinch of Sea Salt
3 Eggs (organic or free range)
¼ cup (85g) Rice Malt Syrup (or honey, maple)
¼ cup (30g) Buckwheat Flour
2 teaspoons Bicarb of Soda
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Add muffin cases to tray or line tray with coconut oil.
2. Steam apple and sweet potato until soft.
3. Puree apple/potato mix in a food processor or thermie.
4. Add in all other ingredients and combine well.
5. Pour into muffin tray and cook for 15-20 minutes – when golden on top and they bounce back when pressed.
6. Serve drizzled with maple syrup, honey or Greek yoghurt.