Choc Mousse Ice-cream
This cold dessert masks itself as a chocolate indulgence but is really a bowl full of healthy nutrients your bodies will love – this is my number one sweet treat for my kids who absolutely love it – it’s a win-win in our house!
- 150g Raw Cashews
- 350g Ice Cubes
- 100g Pitted Dates (average 9 Medjool)
- Baby Spinach – handful (optional but highly recommended as you can’t tell – I promise!)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or extract)
- 30g Raw Cacao Powder (or cocoa)
- Flesh of 1 ripe Avocado (optional)
- Buckinis, Coconut Chips or Berries to serve
- Grind the cashews in a blender on high for 10-15 seconds (THERMOMIX ‘TM’ SPEED 9 FOR 10 SECONDS)
- Add ice, dates & English spinach – blend on high for approx. 20 seconds (TM SPEED 9 FOR 20 SECONDS)
- Scrape down blender/bowl with spatula; add vanilla & cacao & mix on high for 30 seconds (TM GRIND ON SPEED 9 FOR 30 SECONDS)
- The mixture can be a little bit lumpy – especially if using dried dates instead of medjool. Scrape the bowl/blender with the spatula and keep on blending on high until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy – it can take another minute or two.
- Scrape down bowl and add avocado – (this is optional, but can make the mixture extra creamy).
- When ready to eat, top with berries, coconut chips or berries.
You can add on your daily probiotic when eating.
You can substitute other nuts if short on cashews – I have used almonds also.
You can freeze this for later – half frozen, it tastes amazing…. if you freeze until it is solid, you will need to thaw it out again prior to re-serving as the ice can harden – re-blend if you wish.
This recipe is based on the original recipe by http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com.au