Mumma’s been baking! I whipped up these beauties recently and was given the big thumbs up from some fussy customers (phew!)…
I love this recipe because it’s:
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- High protein
- High fibre
- Nut free (perfect for school!)
- Whole/Real food
- Easy peasie – just blend it all Thermomix or mixer.
- 420g Beans – Cannellini or Kidney (rinse well & drain)
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 35g Raw Cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Bicarb of Soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 125 Butter or Coconut oil
- 5 organic eggs
- 70g Rapadura sugar/Coconut sugar or Raw sugar
- Put oven on moderate temp (180C).
- Rinse beans well and drain.
- In your TM, puree the beans, water, 1 egg & vanilla until smooth SP7. Set aside.
- Beat the butter/coconut oil and sugar – SP5 for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining 4 eggs & beat for 20 seconds SP4.
- Add puree bean mixture SP4 for 5 seconds.
- Add the cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt – blend SP6 for 20 sec.
- Pour batter into muffin tins – greased or with patty cake liners or add complete mixture to a greased whole cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until mixture springs back when touched and inserted toothpick comes out clean from middle.
These cakes are VERY moist and delicate so I prefer to bake into smaller muffins. Sugar levels can be adjusted to taste.
Icing idea – mix together avocado/cacao/maple syrup – puree well and makes for a delicious raw nutrient packed icing the kids will love!
*NON THERMO USERS – MIX & BLEND WITH BEATERS OR A FOOD PROCESSOR IN THE SAME ORDER AS ABOVE USING THE GUIDELINES:
SP4 = low beat, SP5 = medium beat & SP6/7 = high beater/mixer
Derivative from the original recipe at http://clevercook.net.au/